Re: drivetrain (front vibration)

From: David De Vuono (ddevuono@attcanada.net)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 22:44:53 EDT

Re front vibration, I have had a front end vibration come and go on my 93 v6
4x4. When braking from highway speeds the shudder could be unnerving. I
put a dial gauge on the rotors and they were well within specs. I had just
put rear coil-over shocks on. The vibration went away with my camper in the
back. I am figuring that, raising the rear compounds some defect in the
front end. This problem also plagues the full size ram. By the way, I
have had no vibration since putting 5000 miles on with the camper in the
back, even empty.