Re: whats goin down?

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 22:04:48 EDT

Boog318@aol.com wrote:

> Patrick
> No shit! What did you do to that thing to get a new engine? Didnt you have
> that Magnum R/T cam package? Did they put that back in for ya?
> I am working 10-8 all this week. Forget shlep boys, im still at Richmans.
> I'll call tomorrow night or you can stop by and see me.
> Paul
Hey man,
  rememeber when I told you that the oil light was still on and the
engine was making noises?- well, finally got a 5 star dealer (Keene
Dodge) to agree with me, I told them they would probably end up
replacing the motor, and they called me up and told me I was right.
They asked me if I had done anything internally to the motor, and I was
afraid if i said yes that they would say that the warranty was void
then. But "I" havent done anything internally to the motor, but the guy
who owned the truck before me did! I didnt lie, but I didnt say
anything more that I had to. They called me back later in the week and
told me that they new the cam had been changed, but didnt say anything
else about it. The motor did have the heads yanked off of it at 20K
too. Head gaskets had gone out on it...
  They wanted to charge me extra labor because of the headers and bs
they had to go through, I told them I'd pay them one hour per side if
the headers gave them problems. They ended up charging me one hours
labor, plus the fluids and cleaners that they ended up using, $103.
They put a long block in it. Then they called me and told me it wouldnt
idle, it stalled out, and needed an O2 sensor. I told them not to touch
it and I would put one in myself if it needed one (I had to check that
one out, cause my truck actually ran great when I took it in, the oil
light just came on) Then they called me back and said they had to set
the timing and mess with the plug wires. I told them that was funny,
especially since you couldnt set the timing on that engine and are you
sure your mechanic didnt just cross up a couple of plug wires!? He
kindof joked it off and said I should notice a nice improvement now. I
told him I didnt know why I would, cause the thing ran like a raped ape
when I took it in. He kindof chuckled and told me to come on down and
pick it up when I had a chance.
  Actually, a fairly decent ending to a 4 month long ordeal.
  I'm gonna forward this to the DML also since I bet a lot of them would
like to know the final results.
  To the DML: this is the final results of my 94 Dakota 4X4 with a 318
cid motor that kept losing oil pressure at idle, and the oil light would
come on. Then the motor started making noises. The first dealer didnt
even drive my truck, said the light never came on, and said there was
nothing wrong. The second dealer said there was something wrong, put an
oil pump in it, and said they didnt hear any noises. The oil light was
on as I drove home! The third dealer put a short block in it-original
motor had 58,000 miles on it. What a shame. Chrysler Customer Service
was no help either. The guy I talked to said he was a supervisor and I
couldnt talk to anyone else. I wanted to go higher up cause I wanted
them to tow it to the 3rd dealer for me without charging me. He said he
didnt know that Chrysler would pay for that for sure. I told him my
truck was under warranty. He said that it didnt matter. I then said
that if my truck had 4 miles on it instead of 58000, I had no doubts
about whether Chrysler would be more than happy to tow it for me, so it
shouldnt make any difference since I'm being covered by the exact same
warranty. I asked him to write in my file that I was taking my truck in
to have the engine replaced under the warranty, instead of just maybe
repairing bearings or something, and it would have to be replaced
because by the the time I got it to the dealer they wanted me to take it
to 30 miles away, I guarantee the motor would be bad!! He didnt know
what to say. Oh well.

Patrick