South Central Meet

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 09:19:05 EDT

OK, the Race and Show is this coming weekend @ Houston Raceway Park in
Baytown. Sept 26-27th.

For all of you that are attending:

There are two gates at HRP, Spectator and Pit gates. They are marked by large
signs. I would encourage all attending to enter at the Pit Gate and pay for a
Race or Show package. This will entitle you to park in the Pit area with the
other Dakotas and Rams. Even if you don't want to Race (who wouldn't) or
Show, this allows you closer access to your truck, you can bring your own ice
chest in and lawn chairs if you like. Bring yourself something to eat as
well, because you don't want to be paying the big bones for the track snacks.

There is not much shade out there so dress for the weather. If you are
racing, you will need some long pants. The gates open at 8AM. I encourage
everyone to try and get there before 12 noon. Come see me at the information
area. Any questions can be answered there. I will also get us lined out on a
parking area. I want us all to park as a group as best we can to be able to
show off our trucks. There will be lots of others there that are not DML
members so lets show them what we are all about. We will be the best informed
group of truck owners there!

Hotels are everywhere. Motel 6 seems to be the place of choice. It is in
Mt.Belvieu,on Interstate 10 and Texas 146. (281)576-5777. Some other Hotels
are: Palms Motel (281)427-7525
        Hampton Inn(281)421-1234
        Holiday Inn Express(281)421-7200
        Quality Inn(281)427-7877
        Rebel Motel(281)427-5515

All of these are within a few minutes of the track. There are major stores
and a shopping mall here in Baytown also. Plenty of places to eat as well.

For those of you that care to have a cold drink after the races Sat, we will
be going to our usual watering hole "The River Queen" to refresh ourselves.
This is rather neat place and I encourage all to attend.

Sunday morning we are planning to take a group picture of all the Dakotas and
Rams (probably all Daks)@ the Battleship Texas. This is just a couple of
miles from the track, but makes a really awesome picture. We park on a small
hill, with the Battleship in the background, and with the early morning light
the picture should really be good! We can do all this and still get to the
HRP with time to spare. In a Dakota convoy so to speak. I will finalize this
plan and tell all more about it Sat at the track. Bring a camera! The San
Jacinto Monument is there also, but I haven't figured out just how to get a
good shot of that and a Dakota too. Ideas?????????

I am not sure, but maybe Mike Clark will bring along a few DDBC's for those
who don't have one yet. The "unofficial" official decal of the DML. Course I
will be sporting my "www.dakotatruck.net" decal and a DDBC!

Get on the list .................Questions? Call me (281)428-1559

Gene in Baytown/Houston
95 SLT
99 R/T
68 R/T