Re: "TEST" pipe to replace cat: Now Quick Dissconnect

From: DkotaKid@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 04:53:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/98 1:49:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
dbaker@deltech.net writes:

> > My eventual plan is to have a "quick connect" type of arrangement
> >which I can use to swap the cat in and out with a minimum of
> >hassle. (I'm planning to use stainless band clamps.)
>
> Just a side note:
>
> My T-Type came from the factory with a built in quick dissconnect for
> the cat... On the engine side of the cat there is a four bolt
> flange with a gasket. At the tail end is a simple slip on sleave
> which you can use a standard U-Bolt style lock.... After changing
> it several times I have had no trouble with leaks... Change time
> is about 10min if I take my time...
>
> It shouldn't be two hard to get a muffler shop to weld you some flanges
> together.
>
> Good luck and good racing.

Hey guys,

ever heard of an "exhaust dump?" Been around for a while! In fact you can
pick one up from Warshawsky's. Basically, it's a Y-valve for your exhaust.
Pull a lever in the cab, and the exhaust opens - right before the cat (if
that's where you put it.) Very low-tech; very efficient.

Andy