Re: Cranking up the Torsion Bars

From: David De Vuono (ddevuono@attcanada.net)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 22:29:37 EDT

I run 31X10.5s on the stock rims. Cranked up the torsion bars 50,000
km(30,000 miles) ago. I have never had an alignment and the tires are
wearing evenly. I run an extra leave in the back. compare the CV joint

angles to a new Ford F150. Even cranked an 1" on the Dakota, the
angles
are less, so should get good life. ( I still get some tire rubbing when

turning)

What year is your truck? 98's, like mine, come with the 31x10.50x15
from the factory. I wonder if these trucks have different torsion bars,
or are just adjusted stiffer from the factory.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black