Re: Re: Paint Peeling

From: Kevin Olesky (olesky@tcnj.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:11:37 EDT

        I disagree that blue and silver combo paint schemes, are known and
expected to peel. The paint companies, spend millions of dollars per year
on chemical and paint engineers developing new paint styles. I should
not have to expect my paint to peel, because some chemical engineers could
not come up with a correct durable paint mixture. If the truck was
painted in standard enamel paint this condition would not have happened.
As for rob's paint problem, I feel that CC should pick up the entire bill.
Rob did not pick out the paint, nor did he paint it. If CC plans on using
poor quality paint so that they can save 1/2 cent per car that they paint,
they should be expected to repair the problem they created. If they plan
to keep loyal customers, they better start treating them like loyal
customers, or the late 70's and early 80's, could start all over again.

                        Kevin ( Chrysler paid 100% for my paint problem )