Re: RE:Re: Mopar Thoughts

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:09:00 EDT

<snip>

I think they are saving up their bullets for another round of
"The Rules have Changed" in the year 2000 or shortly there after (not just
wasting dollars trying to find the quick fix). I don't think Ford and Chevy
have still caught Dodge in some areas of manufacture or design. The new
Dakota's are eating into the compact AND fullsize markets. Until Ford and
Chevy start making mid-size trucks, they will never be able to truely match
the power and versatility of Dodge's lineup, in my opinion.

Shaun H. <snip>

Since we're on the subject of changes in the Dodge Truck line up in the next
year or two,
has anyone heard if CC will be building a SUV (I hate that term) based on
the Ram body/frame?

The Durango is nice (looks, power) but really doesn't have that much space
inside. Better then a Jeep GC, but not by much. With the family inevitably
growing in the next few years, I'll need more space then the Dak supplies.
My next purchase will have to be the Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon route unless CC
comes up with a RAM based SUV (With the V-10! ... I start drooling on myself
whenever I think about it!)

Any inside info. out there??
(P.S. - I'll be keeping the DAK - I've already told my wife. I'm NEVER
getting rid of it!)

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL (should it stay or should it go, now?) - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK