RE:Re: Paint Peeling

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:25:25 EDT

   Actually, you probably hit the nail on the head. They may know that the
paint was a problem. Your "upkeep" of it probably did make it last longer.
However, it's 10 years down the road. If there was some serious value to
keeping your vehicle stock, I'd be more upset about having to get the truck
repainted. Since (unless I'm missing something) there isn't any "stock paint"
value to your Dak, I would've been just fine with having to repaint it.
   In my opinion, CC has the worst paint jobs of the Big Three automakers.
Nearly every CC vehicle I've seen (save for the LHS) started showing signs of
needing new paint after 5 years. I've come to expect this and if I were in
your shoes I'd have been happy with the 10 years. I'm already starting a fund
for repainting my Dak and it's only 5 months old. Maybe I'm just jaded
against this kind of thing, but I'm fully aware that CC uses mediocre paint
and puts it on fairly thin.
  To me, this is just one of those "big things" that you have to plan for as
your vehicle ages. I would've never made the call to CC in the first place,
so I admire your gusto on that. I've always felt that bad paint kinda came
with the "great car/truck". I'd love to see them improve their paint jobs,
but I doubt it. I'd even pay an extra $1,500 for the car if they put a 12
layer laquer job on it... ^_^

Shaun H.