RE: Engine Size

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 01:14:49 EDT

I have the 5.2 in my 4X4 CC. My wife and I test drove a 4X2 with a 3.9/auto.
In both of our minds, what a slug. I could not imagine the 3.9 in a 4X4
whether it was auto or stick. The 5.2 is very nice in our truck. Very
smooth, and offers the kind of performance you would expect from a truck. In
other words it can get out of the way of just about anything coming at you.
BTW, our truck has the tire and handling (31X10.5) with 3.92 gears. That
equates to about the same as standard tires with 3.55 gears. Mileage on
average is about 14.5 mpg, but on the highway for extended periods of time
it averages @ 17.
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, other stuff and still more stuff, though
soon to have REAL horns :)

<snip>
Would a 3.9 V6 or the 5.2 V8 fare better in a new style 4x4 CC? I know
the gas milage in the 6 is better, but the 8 offers better acceleration
times. Owners of the 3.9 V6 and the 5.2 V8 please tell me how you like
your engines
<unsnip>