Re: AAA Rims for R/T wheels -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 09:05:05 EDT

Actually, I would probably go with the Dunlops myself, but I was just
trying to price out the R/T combo. As far as trading in old wheels, read
the fine print. "Rare" wheels are up to $50/wheel, "Hot" wheels are up
to $40/wheel, and "Late Model" wheels are up to $25/wheel.
Unfortunatley, I think ours are probably in the last group. Since they get
$200 apiece for the style on my '98 (which are in excellent shape), I think
I'd probably keep them for snow tires. Anyway, just my thoughts on the
subject.

Steve

>>> <AJRoss50@aol.com> 09/21/98 04:49pm >>>

Or you could get a set of the Dunlop Sport Rover GTX2's from Tire Rack
@ $121
for P255/55/HR17 and save $124. Plus, the web site says that you can
trade
your old wheels in for up to $50/wheel. Does anybody know anything
about
refurbished wheels? I believe the web site says the come with a limited
lifetime warranty.

Alex
97 CC Sport serious thinking of getting a set of R/T rims V8 5spd