Re: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 16:41:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/98 9:16:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, HEMI@charter.net
writes:

<<
 Once again , not trying to start a flame war , just stating my opinion .

Jack buddy, you and everyone else on this list are more than welcome to my
home. Nothing said here will offend me. I enjoy the debate and conversations
that we have.

Now, you are completely right. Eaton has the right to do what he sees fit,.
however, he is not the owner of the company he is merely ceo. I think that if
it is or was so much on the up and up then why didnt he say anything to the
board of directors or the majority of the VP's of the company? Also, why is
it that we werent informed that if 75% of the Daimler shareholders approved
then it would pass, but if 90% didnt approve of it, then the New Daimler-
Chrysler would have to pay the German Government a good will fund of 800
million dollars per year for the next 40 years? So 2 weeks before the Vote
its made public. The Chrysler Stock holders that I know and converse with
agree that its almost blackmail! To an extent I know. Eaton in the paper said
before the vote that he wasnt so sure now that they would get 90%. At the end
of the vote in Germany they ended up with 99.9% but only had 85% before the
800 mill was made public.
  Back to Eaton. This may sound old school or just plain stupid. But I grew
up in a not so great area of Detroit. My dad when we moved into a much better
area (thanks in part to Chrysler) walked me around the block and told me to
look at the kids and the scenery real good. I did. Then he told me to never
forget where I came from, and how I wanted others to treat me.
Eric