Re: R/T Wheels and Daimler Merger

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 18:12:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/98 5:27:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HEMI@charter.net
writes:

<< I think that the average assembly line worker has become complacent with
 his job . Almost to the point of taking it for granted . Especially in this
 changing world , the days of job security like we had in the 40s and 50s is
 over . The unions should realize this by now . If they conytinue to force
 the Union agenda , then there will be no-one here to buy anything because
 they WILL move all of our jobs overseas .

 Once again , my opinion .

hey bud, on that we agree. The union in my opinion is just another big
business using the little guy. The union doesnt have a leg to stand on
anymore so they use the workers! Theres no room for them anymore.
Jack, of course I could get a job if I lost this one. I am multy facited!!
Anyway, the point is, the Big Picture. Not everyone can get another job like
you said of the factory worker. So dont you think that will effect you if not
now then in the long run? I guarentee that your taxes will go up, crime could
go up, cost of living will go up and in which direction do you think our
standard of living will go? Straight down! Think about that and then you
might start caring a little more of the rest of the people that may not
survive if we sell all of our companies across the sea to countries that dont
care about us!! How long can we hold out if this country is owned by the rest
of the world?
Eric