Re: Engine Size

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 21:53:00 EDT

>Would a 3.9 V6 or the 5.2 V8 fare better in a new style 4x4 CC? I know
>the gas milage in the 6 is better, but the 8 offers better acceleration
>times. Owners of the 3.9 V6 and the 5.2 V8 please tell me how you like
>your engines.

I would say that if you were going to buy a 4x4 that the 5.2L would be the
only logical choice. I have a CC 3.9L 4x2 and I find that the engine is
just perky enough for around town and higway driving. However, since
you're going to be adding 6-700 extra pounds in front transfer case and
drive shaft, and some more weight for the HD suspension, I think the 6
would feel sluggish (can you even order the 6 with 4wd? I think you HAVE
to order the 8 for just this reason . . .)

If I were going to buy a 4wd (and I almost did, but reason, not to mention
my wife, took hold at the last moment) I would order thusly:

Dodge Truck - Dakota Club Cab AN5L31 Sweptline 6 1/2 bed

Quick Order Package 26B 4WD Model w/ELF 5.2L Engine & Auto Trans.-DGB
        (Includes Include Sport Pkg., 22.0 Gal. Cap. Fuel Tank & Cloth Door Trim
Panels.)

AGG - Sport Package (only so I can order the Sport+ package)

AGU - Sport+ Package (Air Conditioning, Fog Lights, 22.0 Gal. Cap. Fuel
Tank, Light Group & Tire & Handling Group)

ADL - Skid Plate Group

AHC - Trailer Tow Group

Z5B - Maximum GVWR Package (5850-5990 GVWR)

DSA - Anti-slip differential

DMH - 3.92 Axle Ratio

NMC - HD Cooling Group

PB3 - Intense Blue pearl coat