Re: Re: Re: re:4 wheel drive

From: Merullo (Merullo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 15:42:08 EDT

I dont get it. Let me try again.

A truck that is powering two axles consumes more fuel than a similar truck
powering one, right?

So, a 4x4 with a part-time system allows the driver to switch to 2wd (power
to one axle) and burn less fuel, right?

If the two assertions above are true (dont know if they are), then it would
seem that part-time 4wd is more efficient than full-time 4wd, not
necessarily while it is engaged, but precisely because it can be disengaged.