RE Tire Rotation

From: Weingart, Robert F (rweingart@lucent.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 13:25:25 EDT

> Rotate the tires front to back. Keep them on the same side. Don't
crisscross
> them.

Well, I always crossed tires on my '89 4WD and never had a single problem
(every second oil change). I averaged about 60K miles out of a set of
tires. The best I got was about 73K miles. I even got 55K out of the
crappy Wrangler P-Metrics that came on the truck.
I am a firm believer that crossing the tires helps to eliminate the cupping
or scalloping you get on the outside and inside edges of the tires from
turning. You 4WD owners, just run your hands along the tread on the front
tires, you will feel what I mean. My tires always evened out and wore
perfect.
The method I used was: Back tires to the front & fronts cross to the back.
Worked for me for the past 10 years and 200K.

Thanks,
Rob Weingart '89 LE 4x4