RE: DML:Dakota Upgrades

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 11:07:05 EDT

TB mods ruin your gas mileage since you cant keep your foot out of the
throttle. Seriously folks, if your thinking about throttle body mods then
you should not be worrying about gas mileage too much since the two are in
direct opposition. I estimate that you will definitely see a gas mileage
reduction. With the minimal mod TB installed (unshrouded and opened with
stock butterflys and a reduced shaft config) Im getting about 13mpg with
almost exclusive stop and go driving (I hate my commute) on my 6000 mile old
R/T.
BKB