Dak 4wd

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 12:25:37 EDT

>I know all about warn hubs and the like I've put them in on two of my
>friends trucks, which is a pain in the ass. But back to dakotas, I am now
>under the impression that I DO NOT need to back up to disengage 4wheel in my
>DAK. Am I right in this comprenhension or am I just really confused here?

>Chris

>------------------------------

That is the way it is in 97, the hubs don't disengage. Moving the transfer
case lever to 2h disengages the front drive shaft from the engine power, so
that it freewheels with the rotation of the front wheels. I believe there
was some sort of vacuum disconnect on earlier Daks for the front axles for
year of two.

The backup to disconnect the front hubs that I remember was around 1980 in
full size Dodge trucks.

I'm sure someone else on the list will know more details about your 93.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada