RE: GM Engines

From: Jodi Lewis (JLewis@sharetech.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 14:54:26 EDT

A friend of mine owns a 25th Anniversary edition Trans Am so he's
familiar with this engine. This is what he said:

The new engines (LS1) is all aluminum. They are only a few years old.
The LT1 had aluminum heads only and are several years old. Both engines
come on the Vettes as well as the Camaro/Firebirds. I think the LS1 is
two years old. Even though both cars have the same engine, the F-body's
engine is slightly detuned

-Jodi
jlewis@sharetech.com
'98 Dakota Sport