Re: best oil filter

From: Aengstle@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 17:18:03 EDT

It was explained to me once that the anti-drain back valve also held oil up
into the passages in the engine thus getting oil to the parts faster on
startup. Oil preassure will drop when the pump quits and oil will drain back
to the pan from it and from other bleed points, but the passages leading to
the cam for example will be held full by the
drain-back valve. Am I thinking correctly on this? It seems that since I put
one in the engine cranks over faster(maybe I have been brainwashed by
advertising);)

Al
95 SLT V6 cc