RE: Tire Rotation -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 16:23:12 EDT

You rotate the front tire to the back & the back tires to the front. The
thing to remember is to cross as you go to the drive axle (the rear for
us). So, it goes as follows:

FP->RD
FD->RP
RP->FP
RD->FD

where the first letter is Front or Rear and the second letter is Passenger
or Driver. I'm not exactly sure how you would work the spare into this
since I don't personally do it. I suppose you could work it in anywhere
as long as you always do it the same.

Also, I'm not sure why you would need a wheel balancer for the spare.
Anybody?

As for the torque wrench...technically, you should use one, but I
generally just pay attention to how hard they are to loosen and then
tighten them to about the same. Did my headers this way as well, but
shhh! don't tell anyone.

Steve

Well I wanted to rotate my tires myself, but am having second
thoughts. In
which direction do you rotate the tires. I know there is a pattern,
but I cant
find it in the owners manual. Do you switch out the spare tire? Can
you rotate
them without changing the spare? I wanted to use the spare but dont
have
access to a wheel balancer. Also what is the torque setting for the
lug nuts?
If I do rotate them will I have to get an alignment? If I did this
myself I
would have to go out and buy a torque wrench, heard there kinda
expensive>
Should I just let the dealer do it.