Re: new to it, but love it

From: Michael DuBose (mdubose@vt.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 02:08:02 EDT

crawdaddy wrote:

> hey, I am new to the list, but I have been reading it for the last week.
>
> I recently purchased a new 98 rc 318 auto black sport with everything
> but the 3.92. I had a 90 longbed with a sleeper and 3.9 (125hp) and
> 5spd
> Big difference! My question is, will the SBEC change my shift points on
>
> my auto. I really hate the way it shifts. I contacted Hypertech and
> they
> told me they were going to put out a power programer for the Magnum
> engines soon. I didn't know if I should wait for this or get the Mopar
> unit.
> One more question: My roommate has a 96 chevy extended cab with
> 5.0, power programer, and no mufflers (2 cats). He thinks it is the
> fastest
> vehicle on the road (?!?!?). I haven't had a chance to spank his little
> truck
> yet but plan to in the future. Has anyone spanked anything similar to
> this.
> Most all people in Monroe drive gm junk trucks so I really enjoy blowing
>
> them off the road. Anyways, I have taken up enough space for now. I
> will
> send some of my spank stories pretty soon.
>
> Crawdaddy@colla.com
> aka Geoffrey G.
> UIN# 2325710 (ICQ)

Well just to let you know Mopar doesn't have a SBEC for the OBDII controled
vehicles (that includes yours). Jet makes a modual that changes the shift
points a bit. You can also get a trans kit and up the hardness of the
shifts and the shift points but it is a very time consuming process and one
thing done wrong you have bought yourself a new trans.