RE: Winterizing the Dak

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 16:53:04 EDT

>Packing your beds with snow was also popular in CA. (Yes, there are
>mountains in CA...) It's cheap and you have to shovel your way out
>anyway. Not to mention it all melts away and you don't have to worry
>about disposal.
>
>- -Jodi
>jlewis@sharetech.com
>'98 Dakota Sport

While I lived in northern Alberta (brrrrr), my old LeMans didn't take as
well to the cold as the '93 Dak did, so I not only used a block heater, but
placed a battery warmer around the battery (looked like a waterproof heating
pad) and also installed a interior car warmer (basically a blow dryer) that
kept the frost from forming on the window.

Whenever someone asked what the three electrical plugs hanging down the
grill were for, my reply was simple: the car's electric and that's how I
charge it up. :)

I'm not sure if these items are still on the market, but they were in
Edmonton 5 years ago.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd

        "Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their
        side .. and the truth." -- Babylon 5