Winterizing

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 20:16:31 EDT

>While I lived in northern Alberta (brrrrr), my old LeMans didn't take as
>well to the cold as the '93 Dak did, so I not only used a block heater, but
>placed a battery warmer around the battery (looked like a waterproof heating
>pad) and also installed a interior car warmer (basically a blow dryer) that
>kept the frost from forming on the window.

>Whenever someone asked what the three electrical plugs hanging down the
>grill were for, my reply was simple: the car's electric and that's how I
>charge it up. :)

>I'm not sure if these items are still on the market, but they were in
>Edmonton 5 years ago.

>Norah

Every Dak sold in Canada (even balmy Victoria) comes equipted with a block
heater. Comes in handy when I'm visiting relatives in the Cariboo.
Another item for those who insist upon being warm is a remote starter.
Fire the beast up while you're having your morning coffee.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada