plastic intakes

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 23:23:49 EDT

> the whole idea of a PLASTIC intake manifold kinda makes me feel weird... I
> think I'll stick to my mopar with its hard to find parts than drive around in
> a truck with a plastic motor...

The advantage in the "plastic" intake is smooth ports that don't need polishing
and less heat conductivity to lower air temp into engine and lighter too. the
new GM V8s put out about 10% more hp per cube than last years models did. Look
for ALL manufactures to start using lot of plastic engine parts.