Re: RE: RE: 22 Gallon fuel tank

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 12:52:39 EDT

>I agree...I fill up every 300 miles and that still leaves me with 1/4
>tank on my 22 gallon.

Yeah , but do you drive like a bat-outta-hell like the rest of us ?

I read someone's post the other day that said something about if you have
the 3.92 rear , that the mileage is so-soup to about 60 or 65 MPH , but
above that it drops dramatically .

I have found this to be true .

Remember when I only got a best of 15 MPG when I went to Florida a couple
of weeks ago ? Well , when I did , it was with the A/C off and running at a
constant 80-85 MPH . I have noticed , although not confirmed with the
numbers , that when I drive at a maximum of 70 MPH , that my mileage
increases BIG TIME !

I think that if I were driving at a constant 60 MPH for a proplonged period
that I may be able to get near 20 MPG .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html