Re: Alternate Powersources (part of Demons)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 13:20:20 EDT

> Hell, I'd like to see trucks with radial engines in them. Talk about
>torque...

Mazda actually imported and sold some of their pickups (I think in the mid
to late seventies) that had rotary engines .

When I used to have my 1986 Shelby Charger 2.2 Turbo , I was coming down
the road and happened upon one . I just wanted to get a better look at it
so I slowed down . The way I knew what it was was that it had "ROTARY
POWER" stamped across the tailgate , it looked factory . The truck was in
very rough shape , but I was still curious .

Well ,we were both cruising down I-85 at about 75-80 MPH . I started to
turn my head to the right to look at it , and I guess the guy thought I
wanted to run him . Before I could even get a good look ,this guy was
G-O-N-E . I mean , I nailed the Shelby tryin to catch up , but this little
truck was haulin' some major butt !

Needless to say , I couldn't believe it .

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net