Re: R/T dipstick TSB?

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 15:53:27 EDT

Rekker21@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/26/98 1:30:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> djcolucci@worldnet.att.net writes:
>
> << They wouldn't do the work under
> warranty because they said I had a supercharger on the truck. I asked the
> guy that in his opinion was the leak caused by the SC and he quoted the
> policy. NO POWER Train warranty. This is a load of bulls**t. >>
> Dan, so what are you running in the quarter with that thing? Sorry to hear
> about the warranty, its probably in the Chrysler computer now. They can be
> real pricks about that and there's very little to do about it now.
> Eric

Honestly a tsb has nothing to do w/ the warranty. If chrysler did the
recall they should replace it. Just because a vehicle is out of warranty
doesn't mean that no tsb's can be done for free. If this was the case
then a 1989 Dakota wouldn't be getting a 1/2 price paint job. Nissan had
a tsb about leaking injectors and there were cars 6-7 years old getting
the work for free, even the modified 300ZX's that were in no way in
compliance w/ warranty work (big turbos, intercoolers, computers,etc.).
Threaten to get a lawyer involved and they will probably honor it.
Remember dealerships don't make as much money on recalls and warranty
work. Good luck!

Erich 98 ex. cab v8 5spd.