Re: Oil Additives(thanx 4 the info)Leaks

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 13:16:45 EDT

Magnum Dakota wrote:

> Not sure if Im gonna run synt. oil in the 99's engine. When I changed
> to Castrol syn. in my 96, the damn thing found every little spot to
> leak from that is possible. Never leaked with the regular oil, but now
> I have oil spots on the garage floor from it. Heard this was a common
> thing but it really pissed me off to see it was leaking.
>
> ---Tony Sarro <tonyms@acadiacom.net> wrote:

I have a 86 LeBaron GTS Turbo That I bought new, but now other newer
cars and trucks have replace it. So the GTS is my daily driver to
work. The parking spaces have been marked so small at work that it
barely fits in. Don't want the Dakota or Impala to get banged up.

Anyway I have 138,000 miles on the GTS and it don't leak a drop. Also
still on the orginal turbo. No engine work of any kind. She never had
a drop of anything after I drained the factory stuff but Mobil 1. Same
for my Dakota, it has 50,000 + on it and no leaks, the under side is
just as dry and clean. Nothing used but Mobil 1.

Bob
95 Dakota V-8 CC
96 Impala SS
68 Camaro