Re: Boog's Racin times :0)....

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 16:10:27 EDT

At 12:36 PM 9/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Fellow DMLers:
>Man that was fun!
>It had rained all day and I was wondering if I was gonna go. My friends went
>so I went. So here we go, a convoy of muscle. A 73 Javelin 360, 68 Lemans
>with a cammed out 350, a 69 Road Runner 4sp 383RR engine (very nice), and me
>taking up the rear 92 318/518 4x4, JBA's, 180 stat, Mopar SBEC, KNN,
Magnaflow
>and twicepipes, 3.55 diffs. Bring on the EPA Nazis! :0).

 Heh heh heh! Cool. :-)

[...]
>The first run I was up against some kind of jap thing all hopped up. I think
>it was a Honda. I was busy concentrating on me. I was on his but the whole
>way. I bet he was pissed to see a 4x4 so close to him. He beat me by 0.760.
>I couldnt believe my time!

  Way to go! :-) Yep, the look on some people's faces can be worth the
whole trip sometimes. :-)

>Second run: They were quite busy up there even with all the rain, so I
>couldnt get lined up with my buddy's Javelin. Instead, I was next to this
>mean Stealth. He gave me a second too. Thats why his R/T was so slow. Well
>I punched the Dak this time and spun my tires. I let off a bit and hooked. I
>didnt clean off my tires this time and now I know why everyone was doing it.
>Anyways, that cost me almost 2 tenths from my first time. That stealth was bad
>ass! I think he had a 3.5 turbo?? At least I got spanked hard by a MOPAR.
>:0)

  3.0 liter twin turbo is how they came stock. If he's runnin' 12.6
he's not stock anymore though. :-) According to some of the data
I've got laying around from when I had a VR-4, he's probably running
larger injectors, more boost, probably added an intercooler, along
with a high flow fuel pump, air filter, exhaust, computer upgrade,
etc. I've got some info from HKS that says an R/T Turbo or a VR-4
running 12.9 is making about 460HP, so this guy's got to be pushing the
500HP mark. :-)

   Anyway, sounds like a fun time. :-) Were they running while it was
raining? The local track shuts down for rain, or if the track gets
wet.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |