Re: Oil sending unit

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 23:08:16 EDT

At 10:35 PM 9/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey people, where is the oil sending unit on the 5.2 and 5.9? I need to
>replace mine but not sure where it is! Sounds bad I know! Anyway, I cant
>seem to find it in the Chilton manual. HELP!!
>Thanks
>Eric

  Ya mean you don't have a FSM? :-)

  Well, I just looked in my '96 318 FSM, and it doesn't say either.
However, there is a picture of it with a few of the surrounding
components. Based solely on the drawing, it looks as if it is
at the back of the engine, on the right hand side, sort've
between the distributor cap and the back of the engine.

  I could be wrong. :-) (Its zoomed in, so its hard to tell what the
surrounding components are.) If you like, I'll scan in the pic and post
it on the web or e-mail it to you. The FSM did recommend using
a special tool (C-4597) which is an "oil pressure sending unit socket".
Honestly... sometimes I think you design guys just sit around trying to
think up components that'll need special tools. ;-)

  Anyway, lemme know if you want me to scan it in and wether I should
put it on the web or e-mail it to you. If you get back to me tonight, I
should be able to do it tonight (or tomorrow morning). Otherwise I might
not be able to do it until I get home from work tomorrow.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |