Engine Lifespan

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 00:32:27 EDT

I was driving along today and got to thinking about the number of miles on my
truck. I've got a stock 1993 CC V-6 5 speed. I have 138,000 miles on my
truck now. The engine was taken care of at the dealer by the origonal owner,
until I bought it. Since then I've taken care of things, all such regular
things (oil changes, lubing, etc). What I realized is that I have trips
planned to Pensacola in November and New York in December. I'm guesstimating
I should be aroung the 150,000 mile mark come 1999.

I guess what I'm wondering is what sort of problems should I be expecting from
my beloved Dak, mainly drivetrain wise? The engine is a bit loud and it has
the V6 Clutch Fan Noise, but that seems to have been a standard option on most
Daks :). Other than that the engine and tranny run fine. So does anyone have
any advise? How long do these engines last (realisticlly, please :))? Thanks
in advance. The DML is a great place to find stuff concerning Daks.

Mike S.
Nashville