Re: Oil sending unit

From: BJohn77777@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 02:28:23 EDT

Eric,

The lil' bugger (Mopar # 53030493 - for 92 Dak 318) is between the distributor
and EGR valve. Follow the wires down to it and carefully unlatch the
electrical connector. It is ~ a 1" diameter by 2.5" height. Should be black
in color. I purchased a special socket to supplement my "other special
socket" (the Mopar O/P sending units are longer than others). It made the job
real easy. I can't hang upside down like a bat from the hood like I did when
I was much younger, so the special tool was a necessity for me. If you get
one get the deep socket, not the short one. Lisle (available at most "real"
auto parts houses) has a good one. <DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE DELICATE LITTLE
THING>

Bruce Johnson
92 Dak CC LE 5.2 Slushie

<< Hey people, where is the oil sending unit on the 5.2 and 5.9? I need to
 replace mine but not sure where it is! Sounds bad I know! Anyway, I cant
 seem to find it in the Chilton manual. HELP!!
 Thanks
 Eric >>