Re: Spring-Loaded Oil Drain Plug

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 03:06:44 EDT

At 11:01 PM 9/27/98 -0700, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Does anyone know where I can get a spring-loaded oil drain plug? They used
>to be readily available around here (southern Nevada), but I haven't seen
>one in a few years.
>
>In case you don't know what I'm talking about, they have a spring-loaded
>lever that opens and closes, so you don't have to remove the plug (and
>take a chance on stripping the threads) whenever you change the oil.
>
>They were great. I put one on about 5 different cars before I couldn't
>find them any more.

   I've seen those in Summit and/or Jegs. It was either there, or JC
Whitney.

I was tempted to buy one, but I'm too paranoid. It would make it pretty easy
for somebody to drain your oil. Also, I'd worry about it catching on
something

and leaking oil... Probably about a million to one chance of either of those
things happening, but its that "one" chance that bugs me. :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |