How to check the history of your VIN

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 12:02:05 EDT

The door jam sticker on my Dak is obviously the second one that has been
attached to this truck. I can tell this as there are remnants of the first
under and around it. My question is this: Who would I call at CC to find out
the history of my truck. What will they need from me? The serial number off
of the frame? Where is this located at? OR maybe the #'s off of the
engine/tranny? Anyone know? BTW, I ordered this truck and the sticker of
course says that it was built just for me, but I wonder what it's original
destination was. The build date says October 98.
John
98 Dakota CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, auto, with questionable history