Re[2]: Gears and winches

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 16:25:35 EDT

<<They make this for the dakota, yes? And I figured you meant about $1700,
though, for a second, I was thinking those greedy bastards were really turning
the screws in on us.>>

Written like only the *real* Bogie could :-) Play it Sam... I said play it!...

<<And in regards to the ground clearance issue. Is it reduced b/c of weight or,
with the grille gard unit, bracketry? I'm assuming the weight is going to bring
the front down a bit, and that's why I was wondering if anyone has done it yet.
I did see a dakota this weekend with a winch out front, but he was driving the
other way, so I didn't get to check it out too closely. Just wondering if I'll
have to crank up the torsion bars a bit to regain that clearance or what?>>

On the one I saw in the Mopar - Dakota Accessories Catalog, they cut through the
lower facia (air dam grill?) so there is no loss in clearance due to mounting.
I suspect you would have to crank up the torsion bars to compensate for the
extra weight... Seems to me, though, that this would only return the front end
to the correct height and therefore not be any sort of a problem.

T.

_________________________________
> Subject: Re[2]: DML: Gears and winches
> Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
> Date: 9/26/98 7:57 AM
>
> Mopar has a Warn XD9000i that's mounted on their Grille Guard for $1,7770!
> Seems kinda pricey to me but it looks solid and sharp...
>
> A winch and grille guard are on my "to do" list, but I need to save up some
more
> fun money first!
>
> Let us know how you make out.
>
> T.

--------------894F6B5C78729FBE36619D78

begin: vcard
fn: Christopher Bogart
n: Bogart;Christopher
org: Netscape Communications Corporation
email;internet: cbogart@netscape.com
title: Technical Marketing Mgr. - Enterprise Product Marketing
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version: 2.1
end: vcard