Houston Race and Show results

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 21:48:56 EDT

Well, its not a long story but here goes...............................

I entered in the Truck Shootout on Sat, but broke out on my first pass.
Dialed a 15.00 and ran a 14.86. The truck was not supposed to do that!

Well, I didn't "buy back" so the race official said we (trucks that lost in
1st round) could run with the Electronics Class. Lot of people were
complaining about that, but I just pulled into the staging lanes and went to
work!

I will have to admit that out of seven rounds, I had two competitors break at
half track, and all of the rest I beat on reaction time. My R/T was always
around.509-.520, so that had the other fellows really on edge. For all that
work, I got a large plastic trophy and a $300 check............But my A/C bit
the dust. Gonna work on that tomorrow.

I raced Sun too in the same class, but this was a Supercar Shootout. I Iost
in the 1/4 finals to a brand new 4.6L GT Cruststang/ he missed a shift in
second gear, and I cut a bad light(.877), I saw him banging his steering wheel
when he missed the shift, but it wasn't enough to get me a win light. Before
that the 95 managed to put a 99 Z-28, 93 Mushstang, a GranPrix and a couple of
Mopars on the trailer.
BTW, the 99 4.6L GT went on to win the Electronics Class.

We all had a really great time. I sure hope more of us come to the event next
year. I am going to work on some special things for Dakota and Ram owners for
that event. Congrats to Mike Clark, his Dak was looking very nice and the
headers were not only looking good, but they work. Now if I can get him to
come to Baytown a little more often and practice with me, we could be a real
pain in the ass for the other guys on Wed nights...........

Oh and by the way...........poor Jim got beat by a Ram Cummings Turbo Diesel.
But this truck was running slicks and dialing 14.60 in the quarter. We all
had a good laugh on Jim, but in the end I put that one on the trailer too!

R/T guys, there were a couple at the track. Even a Solar Yellow RC. It was
for sale, and was driven by the salesman. He comes everyear and does this.
No traction though.........Needs Drag Radials. The black CC that was there
did better, but still traction problems.

And no, I did not run our new R/T.........There was way too much slobber on it
from spectators! :-)

Get real.............Get Mopar!

Gene in Baytown

PS..............Thanks to all that showed up.............