Re: RE: Houston DML meet WAS hurricane

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 22:21:47 EDT

> Good Job Mike!!! <snip>
> Post a
> pic of those trophies!

Here is some temporary crappy pics...
     http://web.wt.net/~mclark/trophies.html

> and for me, I had a
> great time - best of 15.379 (pardon the pun). Made it back to Dallas
> in 3.75 hours with one stop for BBQ - used a tank of gas averaging at
> least 85mph - 3.21 is nice on the freeway.

Glad to hear it! But ah, you need to slow down... you'll be faster
than me soon.... :-0

> Your truck looks great, Mike, but the part I like about it the best
> was the 15.113 - I know you were disappointed, but that's a damned
> good time for a street truck in my book.

I wasn't too disapointed. The first one really sucked.... 15.7
something. I was kinda nervous I'd have some sucky times, but once I
learned how to launch without leaving half my rubber on the starting
line things got pretty good. I broke out on every run, but hey - if
you gotta loose, going too fast is the way I want it. I guess if I
wanted a 14.XX all I needed to do was dial in a 15.00 ;-) Too bad I
wasn't able to get more than 3 runs in.

> FYI - I had my fan on by one or two threads on Sunday and forgot about
> it and started the truck up. It spun it on TIGHT and is currently
> welded to the water pump. Don't do that...... oops!

Shit! I hope your threads are ok when you get it off.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html