Re: Magnetic Drain Plugs and such

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 11:29:36 EDT

Ok guys well i just got back from Pep Boys and I bought a magnetic oil drain
plug.
I decided to try it out, since it wasnt all that expensive, if I dont like it,
I will keep the stock drain plug and swap the magnetic one out........the
threads on the new plug are about 7/16 of an inch long, I dont think this
will be a problem. I did notice that the magnetic plug came with a nylon
gasket, which I dont care for, so I also purchased some rubber gaskets that
have a ring of metal running on the outside perimeter of the gasket......My
next oil change isnt for another 1500 miles, but with hunting season opening
this weekend, I am sure those miles will rack up fast. I will let you guy know
what happens with my findings on my next oil change after i swap the new one
in.

Magnetic Oil Drain Plug, #65203.......... $3.49
Oil Plug Gasket, #65274, pack of 2.......$1.99