Insurance Question

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 15:03:20 EDT

With all this talk about insurance, I was wondering if this situation I'm in
is commonplace or not. After my accident with the '95 4x2 CC (totally
written off), my insurance went up $64.20 per month for the new '98 4x4 CC.
I've called a few other insurance companies and their price increase for a
new 4x4 CC to be pretty much in the same ball park. Seeing as they had to
write off the '95 completely, I would have expected my insurance to jump
quite a bit more. It was even renewed this month with no increase. They
mentioned a "first time accident forgiveness" thing. Has anyone else heard
of this? I've never been in an accident before so this is all very new to me.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd