Wheel Spacers - Good/Bad????

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 20:12:38 EDT

I got a set of the 15 x 8 tire and handling package wheels for my 93 Dak.
The rear ones fit just right. The front ones don't fit all that well. I
have taken those off and put the stock 15 x 6's back on the front. I
thought about trimming some of the A-arm (the outer lip), but it seems like
that might weaken it. The only other idea I have is to make a set of wheel
spacers. Good idea - or not? If I did have some made, what would I make
them out of?

The backspacing on the sock rims is 5". On the 15 x 8, it's 5.5. I
haven't really got down and played with how wide the spacer would have to
be. It looks like a 3/16" might work.

Any better ideas????

Brian