New tire questions

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 21:24:00 EDT

DML'ers
Two quick tire questions...

I've got to put new tires on my '95 V8 4x4 CC before the fall/winter weather
gets here. I'm currently running BFG Radial All Terrain T/A (30x9.5 - 15). I
was going to switch to some Mickey Thompson's probably the newer MTX Belted
Radial (31x10.5 - 15), but I've heard bad things about the MT tires lately,
so....
1) Does anyone have experience (+/-) with Mickey Thompson tires (especially
the MTX, but this one is pretty new), or has anyone heard others comments
about these?

2) Is anyone running 31x10.5 - 15's on an older body 4x4, without bodylift
or suspension mods and/or are you getting any tire rub?

If I go with the BFG Rad. AT T/A in 31x10.5, they are an actual diameter of
30.8 - and I've heard mixed opinions on whether or not these will work. The
MT's in 31x10.5 are closer to a 30.2, and most I've talked to agree they
will not rub. I can't imagine the difference between the two would be enough
for rubbing to start - but I guess that fine line has to be somewhere!

Any advice/experience is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL (should it stay or should it go, now?) - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK