Re: Warranty with a K&N filter

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 14:36:14 EDT

Kabuki2@aol.com wrote:

> << Not only did I get away with the K&N, but I also had an MSD box,
> headers, and Magnecore wires on my 96. They didnt even flinch when I
> took it in for a fuel problem under warr. >>
>
> It all depends on how your dealer work... I've had some look for any reason
> not to do work under warranty, while I've had some that don't ask twice and
> just get to work. Usually, if you just ask your service manager how he feels
> about aftermarket performance parts, they'll give you an idea whats ok, and
> whats not..

This is complete and utter crap! It is not for the individual service
mgr to decide. Granted, that's the reality, but it's not supposed to be.
Personally, if the local service writer is giving me grief over a bolt
on that has done nothing to promote whatever problem is that I'm seeking
service on, I'll first ask them how in the hell he figures such nonsense
and if I don't get some good answers, I simply leave and go elsewhere.

As already mentioned, some dealers will weasel with just about any
excuse. Those people DO NOT have your best interests in mind. "Customer
Service" is not in the vocabulary there.

Just my .02

Bob