Re: Warranty with a K&N filter

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 18:38:41 EDT

Kabuki2@aol.com wrote:

> << This is complete and utter crap! It is not for the individual service
> mgr to decide. Granted, that's the reality, but it's not supposed to be.
> Personally, if the local service writer is giving me grief over a bolt
> on that has done nothing to promote whatever problem is that I'm seeking
> service on, I'll first ask them how in the hell he figures such nonsense
> and if I don't get some good answers, I simply leave and go elsewhere. >>
>
> You're right, it isn't for the service manager to decide.. BUT, wether or not
> you're willing to get lawyers involved over your warranty claim is going to be
> completely up to you. Asking your service manager what mods would be "ok"
> eliminates a few headaches.

Patrick,

Don't think lawyers are required. Just have to show 'em the law
regarding warranties.

Someone on the list posted this a couple of months back and I have it
saved away somewhere. I'll dig it up. I kept it specifically for such an
event as a service writer with a 'tude.

Better yet, if you're dealing with a 5 star certified dealer, just
asking them how in the hell they got such a rating with that approach.
Then drop the hint that you'd like to start moving up the food chain of
who they answer to get some straight talk.

Sorry to sound like a dick on this one, but no one deserves to be
spending the kind of money it takes to buy new cars nowadays and have
some pencil pusher give them grief when something has gone wrong with
it. My take is if they're jacking you around on the service, then that
reflects the overall dealership attitude and chances are you're getting
screwed with just about any sort of dealings you have with them, from
the initial sale on down.

Customer service - a concept that oughta be a law when it comes to these
guys.

Bob