Shifter squeak

From: Hadden John P TSgt (John.Hadden@macdill.af.mil)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 11:01:23 EDT

Hi all,

I want to know what I can use to get rid of a squeak my automatic shift
lever makes.=A0 It does it when moving into and out of every gear =
position.=A0 I
use WD 40 for just about everything else... but am worried that it may =
cause
some problems years down the road with wires in the column, etc...=A0=20

Also, has anyone else had the same terrible mileage with the stock =
tires
(Goodyear invictas)?=A0 I've got about 21k on these and they're almost =
ready
for the dump.=A0 Yes, I've rotated them every 3 or 4k.

John=A0 '97 White/silver CC 318 SLT

=A0