Re: RE: late daks w/o cats

From: Christopher Bogart (cbogart@netscape.com)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 16:28:18 EDT

I've a question. If EPA and such regulatory agencies are just that, and don't
pass laws, how do their regulations become laws? Arent these examples laws and
not regulations: "all cars built in 1999 must meet so and so standards", or "all
cars built since 1973 must have catalytic converters" or "all cars built with
emmision control devices must have such devices intact or you can't legally
drive them"?

Isn't it that, through the "blackmailing" of federal funding to states, states
must actually turn these regulations into laws or forfeit their federal funding?
So, in a round about way, some/most regulations at the federal level become laws
at the state level. No? Seatbelts are another one that come to mind.

Just curious
Bogart