Re[2]: RE: R/T Braking. Was: Picked up the R/T last ni

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 20:51:03 EDT

Yep, that's the way we usually get it! I've had it happen twice.
Fortunately they were both low speed so no-one was hurt.

#1. No offense gals, but the first one was a women putting make-up on.
After she hit me she had the gall to ask, "What happened?"... If I could,
I would have slapped her!

#2 A guy this time... Farting around with the radio or something below
the dash. At least he was aware enough to admit he was wrong and assure me
he'd have my vehicle fixed ASAP.

How do I know what they were doing? If you've ever been in one of these,
you always glance up quick to the rearview after you had to stop short for
something infront of you... Trust me, you know instantly if the driver
behind you is paying attention or NOT! Both times I had time to grab on to
the wheel *real* tight, pucker-up *real* tight and say, "OhhhhhhHHHHHHH
SSSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT", before impact.

T.

P.S. I'm not getting holier than thou on you... I slid into someone on
snowy streets myself (stupid me!). That's how I know 4WD will get you
going quick, but it damn sure don't help you stop, DOH!!!!! I will say
that I admitted I was wrong and made damn sure the guys car got fixed
pronto!