Re: Totaled R/T

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 14:18:26 EDT

LazarisLng@aol.com wrote:

> Ummmmm?
> You guys want to let me on to what you meant by the brakes?
> I am picking up my R/T tomoorow morning and I do not want to become a
> statistic.
> Was there some kind of brake failure?

Mike,

I went from driving a GMC Typhoon which had decent brakes to my '98 DAK
which has just so-so brakes under a really hard stop. More than once
I've been hard on the binders trying to avoid stopped traffic and had to
look for an "out" like possibly a shoulder move to avoid hitting
someone. It just won't stop as quick as I'm used to.

I've been workin' on the "GO!" portion of the truck, but the "WHOA!"
side needs some attention as well<grin>.

Carbon fiber brake pads, drilled rotors, ducting cool air to the brakes,
etc. All things you could consider if you're looking to improve stopping
distance. Stainless Steel Brakes is supposedly going to release a rear
disc kit for the '97+ DAKs and I'll probably look hard at that one when
and if it does come out.

Bob