Re: Creaking noise? HELP!

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 20:56:14 EDT

> Well you see, shortly after I installed the JBA headers on my truck I
> started hearing this creaking/groaning noise <SNIP>

Jason, check to see if the y-pipe (or any pipe) is contacting the
frame. I've had this problem with my Doug Thorley's. My Y-pipe is
only a fraction of an inch away from the lower control arm bracket.
Most of the time it doesn't touch, but sometimes on acceleration it
will hit, touch, or vibrate against this. -- Uh, come to think of it,
JBA's use the stock y-pipe..... Well, anyway same still goes, check it
out, and especially check for loose hardware like header bolts and
collector bolts. Keep looking, you'll eventually find what it is,
exhaust or otherwise... Good luck!

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html