RE: RE: RE: Radar Detector

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 23:47:24 EDT

Yup, I'm in Canada, and they are illegal just about everywhere (I think
they are still legal in Alberta and maybe Sask.). In Ontario, you get
charged with "Use of a radar detection device" ($700-800 ticket, loss =
of
the detector, 6 points on the license, and reporting to your insurance
company of "major" traffic offense (same as DUI, careless driving, or
fleeing from the police)). If they want to be real pricks, they can =
also
charge you with "importation and possession of contraband", which is a
felony (but takes a bunch of time for them to prove that you brought it
in from the US yourself. Serious shit...

Craig