RE: Dak Stereos

From: Mullen Mark SrA 52TRNS/LGTM (Mark.Mullen@spangdahlem.af.mil)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 07:39:07 EDT

You have one problem with a sub woofer in a new Dak, The OEM stereo =
does not
have a RCA pre-out. So you have a couple of solutions to that first
problem.
1. You can use one of the many methods discussed in some of the
messages in the past few days, to make your OEM Stereo work with almost =
any
amplifier.
2. You could also purchase an amplifier that would accept powered
speaker wire input. A little more expensive.
=20
As far as the sub is concerned you have a couple of options:
1. You can use pre-manufactured Bass Tubes (Bazooka etc.) and either
lay it down in the back or stand it up in the corner. I personally have =
two
6 1/2" inch Bazooka tubes standing in the corner of my cab. They are =
running
of a two channel 180 watt amp.
2. Another option is to use a speaker enclosure of some type and put
that in the back somewhere. This is an overall less convenient method =
as far
as passengers are concerned. It's up to you.

Let me know if you need more detailed information, there are quite a =
few
guy's in DML that seem to have a large amount of sound system =
knowledge.
=20